Our services cover a range of fields for a range of needs, including:
Physiotherapy can help you to recover from injury, reduce pain and stiffness, and increase mobility. Physiotherapists assess, diagnose and treat people with movement problems caused by a wide variety of joint, muscle and nerve disorders. They use a range of drug-free techniques to treat and prevent injuries, and assist their clients to maintain fit and healthy bodies.
Some of the questions you might have are:
- What exactly is the problem?
- Why am I experiencing pain and dysfunction?
- What can be done to correct it?
- How long will it take to recover?
- How do I prevent it from reoccurring?
Some of the physiotherapy services we provide are:
- Manipulative Therapy
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Orthopedic Pre and Post Op Rehabilitation
- Pre-employment Physical Assessment
- Workplace Rehabilitation (workers comp)
- Exercise Prescription & Advice
- Core Stability Training & Exercise Classes
- Postural Assessment & Gait Education
- Dance & Pointe Assessments
- Casting & Splinting
Some of the common areas treated are:
- Lower back
- Achilles tendon
- Heel pain
Women’s Health Physiotherapy
Here at Everybody Physiotherapy we provide assessment and management of musculoskeletal complaints commonly associated with pregnancy.
Pregnancy can be one of the most rewarding and joyful times in a woman’s life. However, it can also be one of the most uncomfortable and painful times as well.
- We commonly see a range of conditions associated with pregnancy:
- Low back pain
- Buttock pain
- Pelvic and pubic pain
- Groin pain
- Upper back pain
- Pain and tingling in the hands
- Pelvic floor issues
In addition to providing hands on treatment, we can also provide you with strategies to continue to manage your pain at home.
In addition to treatment of complaints we can provide education on a number of areas of interest with pregnancy and birth. These areas include:
- Effect of pregnancy on the body
- Impact of pregnancy on pelvic floor
- Pain management strategies
- Active labour positioning
- Natural pain management during labour
- Perineal trauma and minimisation
- Post-natal preparation- pelvic floor, bowel/bladder, pain prevention, return to sport
- Antenatal and postnatal exercise
At Everybody Physiotherapy we also have a hydrotherapy pool, for use for private or group antenatal aqua aerobics classes.
Women’s health physiotherapy is based on knowledge, but also requires understanding/compassion to expecting mothers. As a mother of 4, Jenny has firsthand experience of the difficulties that may arise with pregnancy and labour/birth. Not only can she provide you with physiotherapy assessment and management, but also personal understanding/empathy for what expecting mothers have to overcome to give birth to their beautiful baby.
Accredited Practising Dietitians are responsible for identifying, assessing and treating dietary and nutritional problems, at an individual and wider public health level. Uniquely, dietitians use the most up-to-date public health and scientific research on food, health and disease, which they translate into practical guidelines, to enable people to make appropriate lifestyle and food choices.
Regulated by law, and governed by an ethical code to ensure they work to the highest standard, dietitians are able to work with both the sick and healthy population, in both a one-on-one and group setting. Dietitians also work within medical teams, alongside other health care professionals and support networks, to advise on the best course of action for an individual’s nutritional well-being.
- Sports Nutrition
- Coeliac disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Paediatric and Adolescent nutrition
- Disordered eating
- Weight loss and weight management